The traditional method of sealing solid flooring was to oil the newly sanded floor and then, the wax the floor. The oil soaks into the wood and hardens and the wax seals the surface. Hard Wax Oil combines a blend of oils and waxes and achieves the same result in one product. The resultant finish (unlike a surface treatment such as varnish), can be added to the same product in areas of high wear.
A blend of natural oils & waxes offering exceptional durability & resistance for internal natural wood flooring, kitchen worktops (wood) and areas subjected to a high degree of wear.
Hard Wax Oil produces a quick-drying, natural satin/matt water repellent, tread-fast finish that will not peel or flake. To maintain/renovate, simply wash, buff or re-apply, following the guidelines below.
Suitable for application onto children’s toys –
Resistant to liquids: Tested in accordance with BS 3900 G5
Resistant to wear: Tested in accordance with BS3900 E15
Specifications of: Hard Wax Oil
Available Sizes and Coverage.
(Coverage 20m2 – 24m2 single application)
(Coverage 50m2 – 60m2 single application)
Preparation for Hard Wax Oil
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish. Sand the substrate with a fine 150-grade sanding paper or 150 grit sanding disk, removing all traces of dust.
Application for Hard Wax Oil
Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application. Always test on a small area prior to the initial application. No primer required. Maximum 2 coats recommended. Apply at room temperature. Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is formulated for application directly and does not require thinning.
First Coat – Stir contents thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well-ventilated room. Apply THINLY using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay EVENLY, following the direction of the grain. Remove any surplus material immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well-ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
Second Coat – Apply as the first coat, THINLY, allowing good ventilation. Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well-ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
When the surface area is completely dry, a light buff will further enhance the sheen level.
• Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after the application has occurred.
• Always test on a small area prior to major application.
• Certain dense or oily substrates may only require a single application and subsequently buffed to achieve the desired finish.
• Longer drying periods may occur during application in cold, damp or humid conditions.
• Always apply sparingly and remove any excess product thoroughly.
• Re-Application: To renovate the previous application of Fiddes Hard Wax Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply sparingly.